29 เมษายน 2567, 10:33:08
ยินดีต้อนรับคุณ, บุคคลทั่วไป กรุณา เข้าสู่ระบบ หรือ ลงทะเบียน

เข้าสู่ระบบด้วยชื่อผู้ใช้ รหัสผ่าน [สมาชิกเก่าลืมรหัส โทร 081-7611760]
A A A A  ระเบียบปฎิบัติ

Languages    
  หน้า: [1]   ลงล่าง
ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: The Folklore Of Currency (นิทานการเงิน ภาคอินเตอร์)  (อ่าน 2723 ครั้ง)
0 สมาชิก และ 1 บุคคลทั่วไป กำลังดูหัวข้อนี้
yc

ออฟไลน์ ออฟไลน์

กระทู้: 557

เว็บไซต์
« เมื่อ: 14 ตุลาคม 2552, 06:59:45 »

มีคนอ่าน "นิทานการเงิน" แล้วเขาแนะนำว่า น่าจะแปลเป็นภาษาอังกฤษ
จึงหาทางแปล แปลเสร็จแล้ว กำลังหาทางส่งสำนักพิมพ์ต่างประเทศอยู่

ระหว่างนี้ คิดว่า ดีกว่าปล่อยเวลาให้ล่วงเลย

นำมาโพสให้ เพื่อนน้องพี่ได้อ่าน

โชคดี ได้รับคำแนะนำด้านภาษาจากน้องพี่

โชคดีกว่านั้น ได้รับคำแนะนำสำนักพิมพ์

จะลงวันละเรื่อง จนครบ 10 เรื่่อง

มาเรียน นิทานภาษาอังกฤษกันนะครับ

มารู้จัก "ตัวการ" ที่ทำให้โลกใบนี้ มันวุ่นๆกันดีกว่า
      บันทึกการเข้า
yc

ออฟไลน์ ออฟไลน์

เว็บไซต์
« ตอบ #1 เมื่อ: 14 ตุลาคม 2552, 07:02:16 »

Mr.Yangchin Kaewchaicharoenkij
THAILAND  e-mail : zealose@hotmail.com

The Folklore Of Currency
The tale for adults in a capitalistic world.
(Not to be prohibited for kids)

Tale# 1
A king and Animals

Once upon a time on this immense world, animals earned their living happily. Even small animals must be prey for bigger animals; they do not mind living together.

“Hey girl, do you believe me?” the young male  zebra spoke  to the young female  zebra “If on that day you agreed to be his wife, your child would become an orphan and be weak of course”

Then he laughs loudly and comes closer to the young female  zebra and  thinking  about yesterday’s incident. His young rival became lion’s prey because he was too awkward and he  has to thank  the lion for killing his rival.

Not too far from the zebra herd,  earthworms are burrowing soil to feed themselves and  are singing a song.

“We, earthworms, are friends of the farmer, dig  soil all day all night, so plants can grow and grow, Ow Hoo-le Hoo-le.

Earthworm life is a pure funky life. They forage and work at the same time in the day and rarely stop singing songs. Whenever the songs stop, they will look up to the sky, trees, grass and say

“See, all these green trees are our accomplishment, aren’t they?

When one of them starts saying, the others will respond “Hey.. Hey”

Another time to stop singing is when other animals tread on the plants and grasses.

“Come in Come in and make yourself comfortable” kind earthworms usually say to their visitors

“Thanks” cow says and starts eating the delicious grass

Those earthworms are looking at the cow’s movement in order to avoid being trodden on and also watching the hayseed  fall off its mouth.

“I am full” cow says before leaving “I do not know how to thank you, if you want any help just let me know”

“You’re welcome you’re welcome, come back again if you want to eat” earthworms say  looking  at the scattered  cow dung piles.

When cow left, the earthworms will have to wait for the  hayseed from cow’s mouth to decay because  it is tasty food.

On immense land,  animals live according to their ways, also maintaining each other such as butterfly’s, birds, rats, elephants, horses, cows, buffalos, tigers lions, snakes and others. Even the earthworms still sang happily until one day……

On that day, when there had been no rain for a long time, the grass started to die while big trees were  still fresh. The earthworms escaped the drought and lived under the big trees. After a short time they heard  the sound of a runaway herd, all the animals running desperately from a hot wind that was blowing  as never before.

“Fire..Fire all forest is burning” The running animals loudly cried out .

The earthworms were  frightened, some crawled  and some ducked into the ground.

Nobody knew how long a time had passed. The herd had run very far until the elephants ordered them to stop

“We have not heard the wildfire noise anymore” the elephant said

“That is a forceful fire, we all may die if we do not continue  to run” the cow said

“Stop arguing” said the rabbit who was following and  gasping “I followed you in order to tell you that the fire has been extinguished for long time ago”

The animals do not believe the rabbit.

“How is it possible to extinguish that forceful fire so easily” several animals commented

“A man helped to extinguish the fire” the rabbit replies “Let’s see a man”

The animals return to the same place and found that it was  true. A man helped  to extinguish the fire.

“Thank you very much Thank you very much” the  animals bawled “We can survive because of you We can survive because of you”

“Everything is alright, good bye” the man said

“Do not go, please stay with us and becomes our king” All animals yell

“King..King” they loudly yelled “Our king”
Finally the  man becomes a king. All the animals love the king very much and want to please him. The tiger normally eats everything for himself  but he  finds more prey for the king, the birds also give the king some fruit and vegetables. Animals start looking for additional food for the king not only for themselves.

Sometimes the king returned some food or gave it to  other animals, if the food was  excessive. So the animals loved him more and looked for things for the king.

Changing from self sufficiency to additional food for the king became a new habit and sometimes the king returned  food to  the animals.. The carnivores started looking for tasty fruits for the king because the fruits were  his favorite. Many more changes and confusion arose

Unbalance makes changes in the animal society.

The  zebras have more weak individuals in herd because lions did  not hunt them. So the strong zebras beg the lions

“Why don’t you hunt zebra?” the strong zebra asks the lions

“I have plenty of food because the king gives it to me” the lion replies

“What can I do” the zebra asks “The weak zebras snatch not only my wife but also my wife’s hay”

“That’s your business, I cannot help you” the lion replies

“Lion” the zebra asks  reluctantly “What else do you want, except food”

Lion is still awhile, thinks and replies

“Winter is coming soon, I should have some more hay to prevent me getting cold, can you find some for me ?”

The Zebra feels that it is so easy to get what lion requests,  he nods his head

“If I can find hay for you, you have to hunt and kill the weak zebra”

Lion growls for promise

Young zebra thinks that it is easy. It tries to bite the grass but it must chew and swallow whenever grass is in its mouth . It cannot get  one even when it’s  full.

Zebra thinks of rat. He  has to ask rat to bite the grass and carry  it to Lion.

It has to give rat something but it has no idea what rat wants.

Young zebra cries and is really depressed

problem of zebra happens to other animals. insufficiency and inappropriateness resulted in those animals’ living.

Zebra’s problems also happened to other animals who suffered from insufficiency and inappropriateness.

Even cow and worm

Cow initially wants himself to have a lot of milk for the king. So it tries to eat a lot of grass. The more was eaten, the more was fallen. When food is excessive, earthworm gets mad.

Sir” earthworm says “You ate too much”
“I want some more milk so I had to eat a plenty of grasses” cow says
“You ate a lot, sunshine was too shine that made me very hot. Dead and fallen grasses were excessive for my needs.
“But I had to eat a lot” cow says “Please let me eat”
Earthworm still showed unpleasant manner.
“If you let me eat, tell me what you want” cow begs

“So” earthworm says “Please find some meat strip for us, we rarely eat meat”

“Ok” cow promises

While cow is eating  grass, it’s worried  how and where it can find meat because it is an herbivore. From talking with earthworm today, it knows that when it eats grass , the earthworm gets the fallen grass and it craps dung as the earthworm’s food in the past.

“From now on, I should get something back from earthworm for my dung” cow groans while he is thinking about how to get meat strips. He’s really worried.

Problems are increasing, existing peace gradually clears away. Animals want something that they have never wanted or needed before. When they cannot stand it any longer they decide to see the king.

“Alright” the king says “I have heard your stories before”

“Please solve the problems for us” the animals yell

“I have an answer  for you, I will present you a thing”
“What is it, sir” they ask noisy

The king picks a square paper that is smaller than man’s hand then  says that

“From now on I will grant you this thing which is called Money”

“Money…..” All animals around concurrently respond even elephant, horse, lion, and tiger

“Yes, money, I will let you use money to exchange what you want hereafter. Zebra, you can buy hay from rat or hire rat to gather hay for  lion as well. Cow, you can buy meat from tiger or anybody who has your required meat”

Zebra, cow and all animals are excited.

“This money has value instead of all you want. I guarantee that each bill of money can be exchanged for 1 handful of rice or 1 piece of meat or 1 bowl of milk or anything from me”

All the animals cheerfully shout because they found  an answer.

“Afterward I will exchange money with anything. I will give wages for anybody who works for me” the king says loudly before go back to his throne.

Society that uses money as a medium has begun. In the beginning, lion wanted to test the system; he used money to exchange meat from the king which he got. . Anybody can use money to exchange anything with the king. Lion told  this to all the animals that he met

“I have exchanged the king’s money with meat and I really get it”

The  animals continually talk  like that.

Money becomes more and more popular. The confusion gradually clears away, no sadness, no worry. They can use money to get anything. Peace comes back again.

This story teaches us that any place involved with people, confusion will happen and people will also invent money.

บันทึกการเข้า
yc

ออฟไลน์ ออฟไลน์

เว็บไซต์
« ตอบ #2 เมื่อ: 14 พฤศจิกายน 2552, 18:42:50 »

Tale# 2
Seagull and dolphin

A later time…..

There is rumor regarding  magic all over the sea.

Small and large aquatic animals swimming freely in the sea are talking about  magic that can make a wish come true.

“I have heard that lion does not have to hunt anymore” Sharks are talking jealously

“The magic can create everything, just hold on the lips then release” Turtle iterates.

“Not release is alright” Seagull is shouting from sky “I have seen that sometimes you just hold on the lips you can make a wish”.

Therefore those aquatic animals feel miraculous beyond description.

“How to get  the magic” Octopus moves all ten tentacles back and forth “I will use  all my tentacle with magic”

The  aquatic animals begin to talk loudly, everyone want to own magic.

“It is mostly called money” Dolphin says “That money is in the King’s forest”

“Money… Money … Money” Aquatic animals bawl loudly.

“I want money” Tuna say with sparkling eyes.

“Try this way” Dolphin says again “I will help you to achieve it”

Those aquatic animals bawl loudly again and surround dolphin.

“You will help us” Big lobster says “Thank you Thank you”

“Let it be my duty but you have to promise that whatever I do, you have to obey me then I will make your wish come true” Dolphin speak loudly.

Every aquatic animal promises.

Generous and dedicated dolphin starts to think. It has pondered for 2 days but still has no ideas. Dolphin’s actions are in seagull’s sight all the time. Finally seagull cannot stand anymore and suggests

“Dolphin, try this way. If you allow me to take fish from your sea in  exchange for money  I will manage this for you”.

“Thank you very much, seagull” Dolphin seems to see an answer  “For a moment, I will catch some fish and give you to exchange for money”
Eventually, seagull brings fish from sea toward the King’s forest. It rarely flies to the middle of forest where the king and animals live. Its unfamiliarity because it usually lives in the sea astonishes those animals. Furthermore, it is exchanging sea fish that those animals are not familiar with. Zebra shakes its head, elephant is not interested, and lion or tiger said that their food is excessive. Seagull has tried till twilight until it gets money from a fox.

“Actually I do not want these two sea fish” Fox says carelessly. Its eyes are not different from its ancestor in Aesop’s tale “I sympathize with your long journey so I will give you 1 bill, do you agree?”

Seagull is discouraged even it is not fair because it expects to get 2 or 3 bills from these two fish, however it yields. It holds only one paper that is called money and flies back to the sea. It flies not too high from ground and hears fox shout

“Next time you can sell fish to me again”

Fox shouts loudly and goes back to its lodge. Today it does not have to find food. It feels how clever it is to exchange two tasty sea fishes with 1 bill of money. It rarely eats sea fish.

When seagull arrives at the sea, it hurries to see dolphin.

“I bring money for you” seagull says and releases the paper to dolphin

The paper floats on the sea; dolphin swims to it and is amazed at the magic.

“What did you bring to me” Dolphin asks

“It is money” seagull says. Exhaustion made it annoyed  “I already brought it to you, that’s all my duty, good bye”

After saying it flies away, dolphin shouts

“Wait..Wait, I am still amazed if it is magic”

Even though it is tired , peace of the sea builds generous habits in the seagull’s blood so it flies back and clings to  the dolphin’s head and says

“That’s right”  “This is the magic that you want, the king and those animals use this, they use this for everything they want, not wrong not wrong”

Dolphin was still amazed therefore the seagull starts to tell the story of how  it tried to exchange fish with zebra but zebra shook his head and said

“I know a wildcat that likes having fish a lot. If I buy then sell to wildcat, I will get much money, of course. But I cannot stand its smell.

When I met an elephant, it lifted trunk, laughed and said

“I do not eat fish. If I buy for sale, it will waste my time, I can make much more money than selling fish”

Seagull continued

“Lion and tiger told that we have plenty of meat as well as money, please let us go”

Seagull stops awhile and comes close to whisper to the dolphin “Most animals try to keep money more than food or other things”

Seagull told other stories regarding money to the dolphin until dolphin understood what magic is, how it works and what its benefit are .

“Money is a medium of exchange for required things or services” Dolphin says gladly

Seagull also feels like that. It flies away from dolphin without any additional things. It does not want anything except the happiness from helping his friend. That night, it slept very well from both tiredness and happiness.

After seagull was away, dolphin feels happy to understand magic, it gasps for getting the  floating paper. Because the paper is soaked too long and dolphin is  too strong, the money is macerated and torn.

“Paper money cannot be used in our sea” Dolphin thinks “We must have something instead of paper money”

While  it swims back to its home, it has an idea.

“We will use fish scales instead of money” Dolphins at that time still had scales.

The next day, dolphin calls all the aquatic animals for the meeting.

“I may ask your promise again that to get magic called money, you will obey me” Dolphin says loudly.

“We promise” everyone agrees

“Alright” Dolphin says “I have asked seagull to find magic called money”

All animals try to look for and bawl loudly

Dolphin gasps and spits out fish scale about 10 pieces. Actually, these scales are dolphin’s scale.

Those animals bawl louder, some believes gladly, some wonder but wait for an explanation from dolphin.

“These things, we call money, money will become magic as soon as you believe. If you do not believe, money is meaningless” Dolphin says seriously.

All animals are quiet and comply with dolphin.

A seahorse swims closely and says

“May I touch it” it says and touches the scale money one at a  time then says “it is similar to fish scale”

Dolphin interrupts at once.

“No matter what it is, if you believe that it is magic and can help you do whatever the king and those animals do, you will have magic like you want. You can use this money to get your wish or keep it if you do not want anything right now. Whenever you want to have something, money can help you immediately”

“Magic.. Magic..Magic” Some aquatic animal shout gladly

“Money..Money..Money we get money” The animals shout excitedly .

“Today, tell me how much you want, bring your property to exchange. Tell me today then I will go and find money and an exchange date will be appointed”

Not too long after that, the dolphin scale money system is acceptable in aquatic animal society. Scale money actually changes aquatic animal society. Both small and large fish and aquatic animals discover scale money makes them  more comfortable. They can use scale money to exchange whatever they want. If they do not want anything now, they can keep scale money because it is not spoiled or decomposed which  differs from food. More expansion of scale fish is more demand. No aquatic animals know that the magic called scale money is dolphin’s scales. . More demand for  scale money, dolphin has to dedicate its own scales to have enough scale money as required. However, scale money is still insufficient. There are few Dolphins’ scale left. . One day, seahorse who wondered  from the beginning why  money is similar to fish scale discovers that existing scale money is dolphin’s scale.

“Everyone, money is dolphin’s scale” seahorse starts to shout

“Not true” Lobster does  not believe

“I have wondered for long time” ray says “I believe seahorse”

“True or not true does not matter, if anybody do not want money, just give it to me. I will take it all” Shark says “Everyone accepts this magic money”

When talking a lot, dolphin accepts the truth.

“All of you listen to me” Dolphin says “I accept that I have not told all stories, money that the king and those animals use is paper money that cannot be used in our sea. Therefore I dedicate my scale for you to use. I accept that your money is my scale and I apologies for to concealing it from you”

Angry   at being deceived, or being greedy, every aquatic animal rushes to get all the scales from  dolphin  to use as money.

Money becomes a highly crucial factor in aquatic animal life. Aquatic animal society gradually changes, having a better living. Every animal is more diligent. For aquatic animals, you cannot tell  if they are happier.

Dolphin who now has no scales.  It cries out for seagull.

“My friend” bitterness makes dolphin say gently “Money that I make as magic  changes aquatic animals. I cannot believe that my life will be like this”

“Whatever has limited power provides both advantage and disadvantage. Actually it provides disadvantage rather than advantage” Seagull tells dolphin.

Both are still talking for several stories until the sun sets and star rises fully in the sky, both says good bye.

This story teaches us that any place involved with money, that place will be messy. Money is also the cause of scalelessness in dolphins.
      บันทึกการเข้า
  หน้า: [1]   ขึ้นบน

กระโดดไป:  

ทำไมหอพักนิสิตจุฬาจึงเป็นดินแดนมหัศจรรย์            " ไม่ได้เป็นแค่หอให้นอนพัก  แต่เป็นบ้านอบอุ่นรักให้อาศัย  ไม่เป็นแค่ที่ซุกหัวยามหลบภัย  แต่สร้างใจให้เข้มแข็งแกร่งการงาน"  <))))><